Monday, September 15, 2014

Breakfast at the La Jolla Country Club

I had not been to the La Jolla Country Club for some time and here I was for the second time in two days, dining there.  Unlike my lunch the day before, we were seated in the more informal dining area.  We enjoyed the same great view of La Jolla village, as we were seated alongside the window.  The waitress and I had a nice chuckle, as she was the same one that I had for lunch the day before.

La Jolla San Diego Restaurant Review
Breakfast at the La Jolla Country Club
The breakfast menu is not as extensive as the lunch menu, but it was adequate.  My host and I each selected the "Golfer's Special", which included eggs, two pancakes and a choice of meats of which we both chose bacon.  I ordered my eggs scrambled and she ordered them over easy.  I had coffee to drink and she ordered the cappuccino.  Her cappuccino came very well presented with a stick of rock candy and a peppermint stick for flavoring.

When our breakfast arrived, it was garnished with one strawberry and one slice of de-ridsed cantaloupe, which was a nice touch.  The food was good, though my scrambled eggs were a bit dry.  The bacon was okay, but not as good as the bacon I had at The Mission in North Park.

Overall, breakfast at the La Jolla Country Club was adequate to good.  The service, like the day before, was excellent.  The view was spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment