Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lunch at the La Jolla Country Club

After a day with a first breakfast at 6:15am and then a second breakfast at 8:00am, I was happy to have a later lunch, 12:30pm, at the La Jolla Country Club on High Avenue in La Jolla, CA.  I had been to LJCC a few times in the past, but never for lunch.
La Jolla San Diego Restaurant Review
Lunch at the La Jolla Country Club

I arrived about 10 minutes early, since traffic into La Jolla can sometimes be heavy.  I found the hostess, who said that my hosts had not yet arrived, but would seat me in the main dining room, which is a bit more elegant than their other eating venues.  She seated me at a table on the window that had a beautiful, panoramic view of all of La Jolla village.  While waiting I ordered a diet coke.

In the main dining room, at dinner you have to wear a coat, but at lunch I was fine in khaki pants, dress shoes and a golf shirt.  I ordered the prime rib french dip sandwich with a side of fruit.  The fruit was a mixture of fresh fruit and some canned mango.  The sandwich was very delicious, but I always love to have french dip sandwiches.  My hosts ordered a Caribbean salad and an enchilada meal with refried beans.  The presentation of all of our entrees was top notch.

The service at the Club was great and they were all very attentive.  They all knew my hosts and continued to use their names every time they served them.

If I get the chance to be hosted at the La Jolla Country Club again for a meal, I will jump at the chance, since the view is to die for and the food is decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment