Saturday, September 27, 2014

Lunch at Ho Ping House in Roseland or South Bend, IN

Had lunch at the Ho Ping House in Roseland, North of the University of Notre Dame campus.  The location had once been a Denny's and before that a Shoney's.  I believe that the owners are somehow related to the owners at the Mandarin House. I like Ho Ping better, since they give you free refills on your drinks.

We were going to ride together, but he ended up having a last minute meeting, which pushed our noon lunch to 12:45pm.  I told him that I would just meet him there, since I had an appointment at 2pm at the office for which I needed to return.  I arrived at Ho Ping at 12:45pm with my stomach grumbling.  My counterpart did not arrive until 12:55pm.  Prior to his arrival, I had ordered a diet coke from our waiter, Jin.

When my guest arrived, we ordered very quickly.  He ordered the Sesame Chicken with fried rice and some lo mien noodles.  I order the General Tso's chicken (like I had done at Cre-Asian earlier in the week) with white rice, a spring roll and won ton soup.  The presentation, like always was great.  Jin brought my won ton soup out quickly and I inhaled almost as fast.  Soon both of our entrees appeared.  As I started eating the chicken, I noticed that either their recipe had changed or my taste buds had.  The General Tso's was not very sweet, as I had been expecting, but was still good.

Of course, I ate everything on my plate and was very satisfied after doing so.  Jin brought the check and the fortune cookie, which I ate straight away.  After paying and on the way out, I took a peppermint candy to help freshen my breath after the feast.

I will definitely be going to Ho Ping again in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment