Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dinner at Taverna Blu in Del Mar, CA

Had dinner at Taverna Blu, which is situated in the Del Mar Highlands shopping plaza off of Del Mar Heights Road in Del Mar, CA.  I have gone to Taverna Blu because they participate in two separate dining programs, Mogl and the Reward Network or Rapid Rewards Dining.  Anytime that I can double dip on points is a great opportunity.

Though the restaurant is in a strip mall, albeit a high end one, they do a good job of creating an inviting, modern Greek atmosphere.  It always seems pretty busy when I go there, so it does attract the locals.

I arrived to find Hasani, a late 20's body builder originally from the Bay Area, tending bar.  He is a very attentive bartender and a great conversationalist.  I ordered a Trumer Pils to drink and the Gyro Plate with feta fries, as I have done in the past.  I have never seen Trumer Pils anywhere else, but it is quite refreshing.  As I ate and drank, I watched the replay of the Spain vs France FIBA 2014 game from earlier in the day.  Spain, the co-favorite of the tournament with the US, was upset in the game by France.

I returned to Taverna Blu on Thursday, September 11, after my happy hour at Jimmy O's.  Hasani was again tending bar.  I stayed until the end of the Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers' game, which the Ravens won.  Like the night before, I ordered a Trumer Pils and the gyro plate with feta fries.

I will definitely be going back to Taverna Blu on my next trip to San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment