Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lunch at Cre-Asian in South Bend, IN

Had lunch with some friends at Cre-Asian, a Vietnamese restaurant that has recently expanded it's menu to Chinese and Taiwanese food.  I had been here once before a couple of years ago, but had not been back.

I knew where the restaurant was located, but I still missed the entrance, as I was going North on Ironwood.  The entrance to the complex is BEFORE you actually see the restaurant.  After doubling back to get to the restaurant, many of the parking spaces are reserved for the two other businesses that are located at the shopping complex.  Since there was no parking up front, I made my way to the back, where there was more parking.  I noticed that many patrons were parking in the parking lot next door (to the North), where the business is currently vacant.  In fact, as I was walking from the back of the building to the front, where the entrance is located, one of my friends pulled up in that lot.

As we entered the restaurant, we encountered our other friend and were seated at a table.  They seemed to be doing a pretty good business, since most of the tables were full.  It became apparent pretty quickly that there was only one waitress on duty, so we made sure that we were ready to order when she came by.

As a group, we ordered the pot stickers and I ordered the General Tso's chicken with an egg roll and white rice and a Diet Coke.  My friends order the Chicken Pad Thai and the other the Drunken Noodles with Chicken.  While they both ordered theirs to mild heat, I ordered mine to be nice and spicy.

The pot stickers were very good, followed by our entrees.  It was quickly that we noticed that the heat index we had discussed with the waitress was not followed.  My chicken was not spicy, but the Chicken Pad Thai had a very large kick to it.  Even though my General Tso's chicken was not spicy, it was still good.  Even though our waitress was alone, she did a good job of refilling my Diet Coke, so that I did not have to wait too long.

The price was very reasonable for what we purchased and the food was decent.  I will definitely consider Cre-Asian again, when I have a hankering for Asian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment