Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Delta Flight DL1451 MSP to LAS Trip Report

Prior to my trip, I had reserved an aisle seat in Economy Comfort, but
was upgraded to First Class seat 7C a few days before my trip.  I was
definitely glad to get the upgrade!

We boarded at Gate G22 at 5:13pm. The storage above my seat, which was
at the back of first class, was just big enough for my bag.

When I arrived at my seat, there were some Billboard headphones and a
bottle of Dasani water.  There was an inflight entertainment (IFE)
screen on the seat back in front of me and a plug in between my seat
and the seat next to me.  When I plugged in my phone, when I boarded,
it did not charge my phone.    Unfortunately, my phone did not charge,
even after we took off.

The flight attendant took my pre-flight drink order at 5:24pm and my
margarita made with Avion tequila.  It came in a plastic cup, instead
of a glass one, as I have been accustomed to.  We pulled back at
5:42pm and took off at 5:56pm.

On the IFE, I decided to watch Godzilla, starring Bryan Cranston,
since I had never seen it.  As I began watching it, before take off,
the flight attendant hurried me to finish my margarita, which
surprised me.

Another flight attendant, Antwan, later came through to take our
dinner order.  We had a choice between a Mexican Chop Salad with
jalapeño chicken and a turkey and swiss hot sandwich.  I chose the hot
turkey and swiss. To drink, I ordered another margarita.

It was nice, since Antwan starting taking orders at our row, the rear
of the first class cabin.  Usually I have found that flight attendants
start at the front of the cabin and by the time they reach me, I only
have one choice.

The other flight attendant then came through with the hot towel.
After retrieving all of the used towels, the same flight attendant
came through and place napkins on our tray.

My margarita was brought first in a glass, then they came by with
snacks - a choice of peanuts, pretzels and Biscoff cookies.  I chose
the Biscoff cookies, as I had chosen on the flight from South Bend to
Minneapolis.

When the sandwich arrived, it was accompanied by some fruit (grapes,
sliced apple and a strawberry), a Dancing Deer Baking Company maple
oatmeal cookie, and a package of Cape Code kettle cooked potato chips.
The sandwich was also accompanied by a pickle and a packet of
Hellman's real mayonnaise and a packet of Grey Poupon Dijon mustard.

I dispensed the mustard and mayonnaise on to the sandwich and
proceeded to take a bite.  Overall, not a bad sandwich.  The bread was
nice a crispy.  The fruit was fresh and the chips and cookie were
quite good.

Delta Travel Review, Flight Review
DL1451 MSP to LAS
After dinner, I thought that I would try one of the new mixed drinks
that is featured in the Skymiles magazine.  As I talked to Antwan, he
ascertained that I would enjoy the Silver Horizon, which is Avion
tequila and Fresca, garnished with one each of lemon and orange
wedges.  It was quite tasty and was served in a glass.

I found it interesting that the New York based crew was fully African
American.  I wonder if the flight attendants assemble their teams or
if Delta determined that such a team would be beneficial.

For my last drink I ordered a Platinum Take Off.  It was Woodford
Reserve small batch bourbon, cranberry-apple juice and a splash of
club soda.  It had a nice, deep fruity flavor.

We started our initial descent at 8:29pm Central time.  The flight up
to that point was quite smooth.  The pilot came on the intercom to let
us know that it would be another 25 minutes and that we would be
heading to Gate D37 after we landed.

We landed at 6:50pm in Las Vegas - it was an easy landing.  We taxied
to Gate D37 and arrived at the gate at 6:57pm and deplaned at 6:59pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment