Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Happy Hour at Jimmy O's in Del Mar, CA

I met some folks for happy hour at Jimmy O's in Del Mar, CA.  Since it is sometimes hard to find parking, I arrived about 15 minutes early.  Jimmy O's didn't open until 4pm and I had arrived at 3:45.  Luckily, they allowed me to be seated inside, since it was unseasonably warm.  At about 3:55, a waitress asked if I would like something to drink, so I ordered a Ballast Point Pale Ale draft.

My first guest arrived at about the time my beer arrived, so she asked for a vodka tonic.  We deliberated over the menu for a few minutes and decided on chips and salsa, plus an order of the steak bites, since the waitress had highly recommended it.  It was, actually, quite tasty.  The steak was very tender and the gravy complemented the bread bowl in which the steak bites were served really well.  My second guest arrived after having mistakenly gone to The Poseidon, where I had had lunch the day before.  He ordered a Stone IPA.

If I want to watch a football game in Del Mar, I will definitely do it at Jimmy O's.

No comments:

Post a Comment