Thursday, September 11, 2014

Happy Hour at Harry's Bar and American Grill

No day is complete without a great Happy Hour!  I was able to enjoy a happy hour at Harry's Bar and American Grill in the UTC area of San Diego on La Jolla Village Drive.  I have been to Harry's several times and mostly during their happy hour.

I arrived a few minutes late, which was exacerbated by no valet attendant being on duty at that time.  I made my way to the visitor's parking lot and then swiftly walked to the bar to meet my two guests.  I made a 4pm reservation on OpenTable, but, since there was no hostess, I was unable to tell them that I had arrived.  Thankfully, I saw that I received the 100 points for my reservation!
Restaurant Happy Hour La Jolla San Diego Review
Happy Hour at Harry's Bar and American Grill La Jolla

We did not get an appetizer, but shared two rounds of cabernet sauvignon and Budweiser.  The service was fine, though I always got the feeling that when we did not order anything, they didn't want to bother with us.

Harry's is a convenient spot to meet people and the ambiance is good, though I have never been impressed with their food, though we did not order any food this time.

When I left, I got my car out of the parking garage and had to pay $8.75!  It would have been much cheaper to valet it.  My friend had parked in the valet lot, since there was no valet person there, so I might try that the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment