Friday, September 26, 2014

Happy Hour at Brother's Bar and Grill at Eddy Street Commons in South Bend, IN

I went to Brother's Bar and Grill at Eddy Street Commons for happy hour on Thursday, September 18.  Brother's is a small, regional chain that originated in Lacrosse, Wisconsin.  I have been to Brother's for happy hour before and enjoy the plethora of craft beers that they have on tap.

On this day, I entered the bar and sat myself at a table in the bar area.  Though no one greeted me, when I entered, the waitress was quick to come to my table.  As I stared at the beers that they have on tap, she brought me a beer list.  I immediately spotted a Green Flash West Coast IPA and ordered it.  Since I was meeting someone from San Diego, I thought that it would be fitting to order a craft beer from San Diego.

The bar was not too busy, when I arrived at 3:45pm.  There were some revelers at the bar and a few tables had some folks at them, but there was no one seated at the tables in the restaurant area.  Of course, since it was a nice day outside, there were a few people seated outside.  Inside it was a bit sticky and humid, but I quickly got over that, when the waitress brought my beer.

My guest was about 20 minutes late, so I had almost downed my first beer, when he arrived.  I am not sure what he ordered, but he ordered me a second Green Flash West Coast IPA.  I did not realize how strong they were, but could start to feel it a little, once I was halfway through the beer.

I will definitely be back to Brother's since I like them better than O'Rourke's for that type of bar scene and because they have Green Flash beers on tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment