Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Breakfast at The Mission in North Park, San Diego

San Diego Restaurant Review
The Mission in North Park, San Diego
After arriving late into San Diego on Monday, September 8, getting my Alamo rental car and checking in late to the Sheraton Mission Valley, I had an early, 7:30am breakfast at The Mission restaurant in North Park.  I had never eaten at that location, but had eaten at the East Village location before.

I arrived at the restaurant promptly at 7:30am, but my guest was running a few minutes late, so I entered and took a seat at a booth on a window.  There were only a couple of other patrons in the restaurant.  The server was attentive and brought me some coffee.  The coffee was their house blend and was decent.

This location has a lot more parking than the one in East Village.  It also is not surrounded by a homeless population, since North Park is further along in its gentrification.  The restaurant has air conditioning, as well, which the East Village location does not seem to have.

I ordered the blueberry cornmeal pancakes with a side of scrambled eggs and bacon.  I thought that the pancakes would be small, but they were 3 huge cakes, which I could not finish.  The bacon was semi-crisp and fatty, which is fine with me.  The eggs were done well.

The prices at The Mission were not exorbitant, either.  Everything seemed to be in line with other similar establishments in the San Diego area.

Overall, I enjoyed my time at The Mission in North Park and would recommend it to anyone that needs to have breakfast in North Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment