Thursday, September 25, 2014

Lunch at Elia's Mediterranean Cuisine in South Bend, IN

Had lunch with some friends at Elia's in South Bend, which is located near the corner of US23 and Ironwood, not far from Cre-Asian, where I recently had lunch.  I have been going to Elia's since they opened at their location on US31 North in Roseland.

As usual, there were quite a few people scattered throughout the restaurant.  The four of us sat down and just ordered waters.  Our server was quick and efficient and took our orders.  Most at our able order the Shish Tawouk, a great chicken dish.  I ordered the Midardara Bowl Combo, which is a mixture of lentils and rice topped with tabouli, hoummos and garlic paste.  Just after we ordered, our fifth joined the group.

Our orders were prepared pretty quickly, but the presentation is always spot on at Elia's.  Everything was in the right place on our plates and looked delicious.  We quickly accepted our server's suggestion of some pita.  The pita at Elia's is of the thin, but quite delicious variety.  My coworkers devoured their Shish Tawouk.  I was pleasantly surprised with my dish, since I had never ordered it before.  All of the flavors complemented each other very well and the garlic paste was tasty, but not overpowering.

The price was just right for what we ordered.  It is awesome to have a good Mediterranean restaurant in our community.  I will definitely continue to frequent Elia's on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment