Sunday, September 21, 2014

Southwest Flight 2496 Newark to Chicago Trip Report

Trip Report, Trip Review, Flight Review, Airline Review
Southwest Flight 2496 Newark to Chicago
We flew out of Gate A15 at EWR, which is the same gate at which we deplaned the day before.  Our boarding assignments were A17 and B13, respectively.  As I did the day before, we boarded at the end of the A30-A60 line without a problem.

As we made our way down the jet bridge, I noticed that the plane was an older model 737-300, which made me worry about wifi availability.  We found a spot in row 10 in seats 10A and 10B.  After getting situated, I noticed that the seats do not recline.  Luckily, I don't normally recline my seat and the person in front of me did not recline theirs.

We pulled away from the gate at 8:48pm, 7 minutes prior to our scheduled time of departure and took at at 8:59pm.  As we were ascending, a flight attendant announced that there was no wifi on the flight - surprise!  I had received an email the day before from Southwest touting the ability to use wifi and watch Dish, but no one must have told the email marketing folks that not all of the planes are wifi equipped.

When they came by for drinks, I ordered a can of Coke Zero with ice and my daughter ordered some apple juice.  When they came around with snacks, they only offered pretzels.

We landed at 10:45pm in Chicago after a pretty uneventful flight, except for an interesting nose dive during the descent.  As we were descending the pilot maneuvered the plane at a steeper nose angle than usual, so much so that everyone on the plane noticed.  There were quite a few gasps for the second or two it took for the pilot to make the correction. We deplaned at gate B18, having reached the gate at 10:52pm.  Since I was with my daughter, it would have been nice to deplane at B1, like I had done that Friday.

My daughter's foils had already arrived at baggage claim, but we had to wait briefly for our two other pieces of luggage, but they came out on to the conveyer within a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment