Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Lunch at The Poseidon in Del Mar, CA

After my breakfast at The Mission in North Park and checking out of the Sheraton Mission Valley, I had lunch at The Poseidon in Del Mar on Tuesday, September 9.  I chose The Poseidon, because of it's awesome location on the beach in Del Mar and for it's participation in the OpenTable and Mogl dining programs.

Del Mar and San Diego Restaurant Reviews
The Poseidon On The Beach in Del Mar, CA
I arrived at 11:45am, valeted my car for $4 and entered the restaurant.  I had made a reservation on OpenTable (earning me $1 in OpenTable dollars!), so I said that I was early, but had a reservation.  They seated me on the outside porch, as close to the ocean as you can be.  If you have not been to The Poseidon on their porch, you need to try it.  Unfortunately, the greeters did not see my guest when he entered at a few minutes before noon, so he sat himself at the bar.  At around 12:15pm we finally found each other and had lunch.

We started with the rolls and butter that they brought to the table and ordered the sesame seed ahi tuna for an appetizer.  I would have much preferred it with just plain wasabi and soy sauce, instead of the creamy wasabi that they provided.  Overall, though, it wasn't too bad.

As my entree, I had the Thai chicken salad.  It was a pretty good sized portion with a whole chicken breast with lots of veggies and dressing.  It wasn't the best Thai chicken salad I have ever had, but not the worst.  I was not disappointed, since I go to The Poseidon for the view and not so much the food.

I tipped, Claudia, our waitress 20%, since she was quick at refilling my diet coke and had a great demeanor.

After paying for the meal, I received a text from Mogl  that I had just earned $4.78 for the meal.  Not quite 10% of the total, but a nice little kickback for eating a restaurant with a view second to none.  Not including what I earned on my credit card, I earned $1 through OpenTable and $4.78 for the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment