Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Takeout from the Mitten Brewing Company in Grand Rapids, MI

After having eaten a big lunch at Brann's earlier in the day, we thought it might be better to limit that amount that we had to eat, plus we wanted to hang out with some friends.  We knew that the Mitten Brewing Company had a gluten free menu and was close and convenient to our friends' condo, so we decided to place a takeout order.

We ordered two regular pizzas, a gluten free pizza, an order of gluten free breadsticks and an order of gluten free cheesy breadsticks with marinara and ranch.  On the regular pizzas, we ordered half cheese/half pepperoni and sausage and on the other we ordered a Deluxe.  We ordered Da Meat Hook for our gluten free pizza.  All of it was great.  My wife and daughter loved the pizza and the leftovers that we brought for our oldest daughter was eaten by that evening.

My friend told me that they have had some bad luck ordering takeout from Mitten Brewing in the past - the pizza was burnt - but this time it came out great.  The toppings were fresh and the pizza crust was crispy.

I have been to Mitten only one other time and that time it was just as busy as when we picked up our order.  I would love to be able to eat in and try some of their beer choices.  For now, I must say that I do like their pizza and breadsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment