Sunday, October 5, 2014

Review of Alamo Fullsize Rental at (RNO) Reno/Tahoe International Airport

rental car reviews
Alamo RNO Fullsize Rental Review
After deplaning from my flight from Las Vegas to Reno, I headed
straight for the counter of Alamo Rent A Car at RNO.  I was greeted by
Pedro, who predictably tried to up sell me on their insurance and
prepaid gas options, neither of which I opted for, since I was only in
town for 36 hours.

I did not get to pick, when I went out to the cars, but he gave me a
choice between a 2013 Chevy Impala and a 2014 Chevy Malibu.  Since the Impala had the
leather seats, I chose it.  The car was actually situated in a National stall, K3, instead of an Alamo one.  The dark gray Chevy Impala LTZ, unfortunately, had an Arizona license plate.  I like to keep my rental cars to those with more local plates, but I did not know about it, when I made my choice.  They gave me a lone key for the car with no clicker or other remote access to the vehicle.

As I drove from RNO to the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Sparks, I barely had to adjust the mirrors.  The Impala LTZ drove very nicely.  When I had to go to Incline Village, located in North Lake Tahoe, the car performed well on the Mount Rose highway.

I filled up the tank at the Valero on Mill Street prior to returning it to Alamo.  Alfredo was my Alamo car return attendant and he did a great job.  He helped me the last time that I was in Reno and rented a car from National.

No comments:

Post a Comment