Friday, October 3, 2014

Southwest Flight 2332 from Reno (RNO) to Las Vegas (LAS)

After returning my 2013 Chevy Impala to the Alamo car return, I breezed through TSA security at the Reno Tahoe International Airport.  I went into the Fly By Lane, but didn't really need to since there wasnt even one other passenger.

Southwest Flight was leaving from Gate B3, so I made my way there.  At 9:56am they had the A Group line up.  I had not checked in until that morning, so my Business Select boarding position was only A6.  I boarded at 10:02am and sat myself in the aisle seat, 4C.  The doors closed at 10:12am.  We pulled away from the gate at 10:16am.
Southwest Flight 2332 Reno to Las Vegas

Thankfully, unlike my flight two days before, this Boeing 737-700 was wifi equipped, so I logged into the wifi while the other passengers were boarding.  The pilot came on the intercom at 10:26am to say that there was a delay due to traffic in Las Vegas.  We were already six minutes late for our 10:20am departure at that time.  We ended up taking off at 10:30am.

The two ladies sitting next to me in seats 4A and 4B were headed to a meeting at the Las Vegas Convention Center.  When the flight attendant, Tasha, took our drink orders they ordered ginger ale and tomato juice.  I requested a can of cran-apple juice.  I tried to pawn off my Business Select free drink coupon on them, but they, like me, were headed directly to a meeting after we landed.

Just before they passed out the packets of pretzels and lightly salted peanuts, Tasha brought our drinks and included a cup of ice and some napkins for my cranberry apple cocktail.  She chuckled when she gave me the napkin, since my neighbor's tomato juice had slightly spilled on it.  She wanted to assure me the the red liquid was not blood.

We started our initial descent at 11:05am and landed at 11:28am.  We taxied into gate B11 at the McCarran International Airport at 11:35 and I was able to deplane at 11:37.



No comments:

Post a Comment